Monday, December 11, 2006

Turning Challenges into Achievement...

This week has begun as very busy, but satisfying with much to do at work. That's a good thing, as I fought my loneliness and inner demons all weekend long. I started work at 5:30 AM in order to do a bunch of work in the "quieter" time. I'm the prime in a project which is migrating long distance telephone traffic onto a national voice over IP network, and it's been a lot of work to stay on top of the others involved. I'm being paid an awful lot to babysit, but hey, it's a job. :)

My wife's actions are growing increasingly irritating, but I guess that comes with the territory. I received an e-mail from her in my company e-mail this morning which states:

"
Since I have not heard anything more about your plans for Christmas, my family and I will go ahead with the following arrangements:

I will be taking the boys for Christmas - Dec. 25 and Boxing Day - Dec 26th

I will be working the following days:

December 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 & Jan 1, 5, 6 & 7

Blah, Blah, Blah..."

Whatever... things are very close to the end now. Bizarre, we're still living together, yet she has to communicate in this fashion. I guess so everything is in writing for the lawyers... In a way I'm glad she wrote that e-mail, as I'm the type of guy who needs a kick in the rear every so often in order remain on track. This sort of stuff absolutely convinces me that I need to get out and escape from all of the nonsense.


I purchased another book on the weekend, "The Law of Attraction" by Abraham-Hicks. This is a different book than the one that I have been reading by Michael Losier. It is an excellent read with lots of interesting ideas. I'm quite excited by the book and the process it lays out. It's just more cool stuff to help me along this crooked path.






I forgot to mention in last week's "creativity" post about a wonderful documentary I watched with my youngest son. It is called "Dogtown and Z-Boys" and it's a wonderful look at skateboarding history in California. I am in no way a skateboarding enthusiast, but I thoroughly enjoyed this story and it's characters, particularly since this all happened at the same time when I was a teenager (back in the stone ages).


This week might prove to be interesting if my wife actually does see her lawyer. I used to be frightened by the idea... now I'm just plain excited.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home