Saturday, November 25, 2006

The stuff the universe is made of...

What is this universe we exist in? Is it all as real as we think it is? Or are we all part of some much grander scheme, where our thoughts and being are really just part of some huge consciousness or organic machine? The more I study and the more I experience, the more I wonder at what I'm really doing here. Unfortunately, I suspect our brains are "hard coded" in such a fashion as to require constant purpose in order to keep alive the survival instinct (and drive us crazy with constant questions!). Perhaps there is no purpose. Perhaps we're just here to play and experience...

I love the idea of the "Butterfly effect". A butterfly flaps it's wings and creates a tiny change which snowballs into something huge. Is that what's happening with us? Every emotion and every thought starts off as a (relatively) small "signal" which eventually develops into something big enough to influence our lives. Wow... total chaos if not handled carefully.

I like to see the universe as a huge, multi-dimensional matrix; everything is connected together through this matrix. A little nudge or thought enters one end of the matrix, travels along, branching off and returning to it's path, until it reaches a destination changed and possibly amplified or attenuated from it's original intent. Plus, the thought has touched many others via the "matrix" influencing many other intentions and thoughts. No wonder the world is so chaotic!

If this "theory" is correct, then a pure, concentrated thought appears the only way to truly change one's life and purpose. Consider your target carefully, remove all distractions and noise from your mind, and then manifest your thought. Hmmm... sounds a bit like meditation....

I personally have so much noise and racket going on inside my head that I have a great deal of trouble in manifesting pure thoughts (Please note I'm not referring to pure and impure as clean and unclean. Pure as in bright shining, purposeful thoughts.). One of my goals for my future is to try and control the racket in my head a bit in order to control my life a bit better.

So much work, so little time....

5 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Dawn :) said...

'ello! :)

From what I've learned of thoughts and emotions and manifesting... It takes focus to create, and strong emotion to energize the creation.

I don't believe - though I could be wrong! - that every single thought and/or emotion has the same power to create. I think they all are creative, but some are more creative than others.

The more intensely focused and powered, the faster the manifestation.

Funny thing with us humans is, we have counter-creative thoughts all the time!

You: I sure want some chocolate cake.

Universe: Chocolate cake, coming right up!

You: But it would make me fat...

Universe: Cancel the chocolate cake! Focus is on fat now, fat coming right up!

You: But I don't care! I want it, damn the fat!

Universe: Aye aye! Chocolate cake and fat, coming right up!

Oh - a big tenent of thought creates and law of attraction, btw, is that the universe doesn't understand No. It understands focus and emotion alone.

So the more emphatically you say no to something, the faster you bring it to you.

Very powerful - we really are that powerful. Can you imagine? :)

I believe our purpose here is to remember how powerful we are, learn how to use our incredible power, and then to actively express who we are through our creative abilities.

Hehe, this was fun to write. I think I'll post it to my blog, too. :)

*hugs!*
- Dawn

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Thanks for your lovely insights. I was stumbling around a little when I wrote this blog. What I needed is what you have touched upon - focus. And so I shall focus on the good, the positive, and the healthy.

I feel the power, I just haven't mastered it yet. Too much "noise" lately... :)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Dawn :) said...

'ello! :)

Yeah, I hear ya! I ran into that, too. Still do. :) I discovered, when it came down to it, that there's basically always too much noise. Take it from me - don't push yourself too hard, but, if you intend wait for everything to quiet down before you begin reaching, you may as well just give it up for now - because it never will.

I also noticed that gaining mastery is an ongoing endeavor. It never ends - there's always more to learn. But! Gotta give yourself credit for what you've done, and remember that, "You are where you are..." and that's okay. :)

Sometimes cutting yourself some slack and just backing off from learning new things is the way to go! But, yeah, just wanted to mention how I found that when it comes down to it - it never gets quiet. There's always something 'loud' going on.

Pushing through and reaching anyway is a matter of singling out what you want to focus on, for a given amount of time. :)

*hugs!*
- Dawn

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger No_the_game said...

Greg,

How are you? And Happy belated T-Day!!

Man your post made my brain go crazy. Seriously. I sometimes think it is good to have some types of noise in brain. For example I think I am so emotionally dead right now you can drop a bomb I will not react to it. I feels like I am under influence but I am not. I am lonely but I like it. I am confused but I am clear of any thoughts.

I do not know. Maybe I should lay down and pray some type of noise is going to invade my brain.

Much luv,
No_the_game

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Hey No_the_game,
Nice to hear from you again!

I think I know what you mean about feeling emotionally dead. And if it's in reaction to a failed/destroyed/ended relationship, I most definitely know what you mean! I still hurt so bad from the last "failed" relationship, but I can't stand feeling like a zombie, so I try to do positive things that may get me somewhere better. I have not always been this "strong" (ha ha), but I'm hoping to learn from past mistakes.

There is almost nothing more paralyzing than having your world crumble around you because a close relationship has failed. I find that I don't want to eat, sleep, go out, etc. It's like a living death. I've always wondered why we have to suffer so much mentally with love and relationships. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to love everyone anytime?

Noise - My brain appears to be naturally noisy :) There's always thoughts and ideas and questions bouncing around inside. I think I must be borderline ADD (my work colleagues sure think so!). It can be a curse, but I like to think of it as more of a gift...

I know it's easy to say (and I hate it when people tell me it), but things will get better. You have many people who care for you, although, I know that it certainly doesn't replace the needed missing things in you. Most of us are in the same boat, wanting to feel a heck of a lot better and whole again. But... there is a tremendous amount of love out there and you're already sharing in it in a small way with your blogging.

Okay... enough ranting and babbling. Sometimes it's tough to say the right things when you know that there's nothing more difficult than dealing with love and longing...

Please take care.

Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home