Thursday, December 21, 2006

And finally, the other shoe drops...

Well it's finally happened. The first solid step towards my "freedom" has occurred. My wife has finally retained a lawyer. She curtly announced to me last night that I should get my lawyer to contact hers. With pleasure! I know there are going to be some tough decisions ahead, but I have to admit that I'm excited over things starting to move ahead. One of many burdens has been lifted off of my shoulders.

I went to a "singing bowl" concert last night which was fantastic. I have never heard them before and it was a real treat to listen to the wonderful harmonics and overtones. Very relaxing...

I will be spending Christmas Day and Boxing Day by myself. My wife will be taking the kids with her to her various family members. It will just be the dog and I, which might just be a nice thing...

2 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Åsa said...

Holidays are tough when families are not at peace. And what family do you know that is at peace?! Really!

Make sure you have some stuff you like. I’m a food a-holic and would make sure I had the best food at home if I was going to stay by myself. That and some good books and movies. Invite a friend or two over for some eggnog. Make sure your home is nice and tidy. Dress nice. Take the dog for a long walk (exercise creates happy thoughts in the brain). Make sure to do things you’ve always wanted to do. There are 364 other days you can spend with your kids!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Thank you Åsa!

I will be just fine, although I do miss the Christmas's of my childhood (don't we all!).

Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home