Thursday, November 09, 2006

A new day dawns...

Whew! Made it through another night. Thanks to
nosthegame for the nice comment. Every little bit helps!

I downloaded the movie "The Secret" last night and watched a few minutes of it. Wow! How inspiring. A very simple message is presented throughout the movie and it is done in a very entertaining, persuasive manner. "Be positive and everything you want will happen. Be negative and everything one is negative about will happen." Hmm... judging by my writing I'm asking for negative things to occur. And of course that is exactly what has been occurring. Time to be much more positive. That's not always easy, but damn it, it's worth a try. I got up from bed in a better mood this morning and listened to happy tunes (instead of the usual bluesy stuff) on the way in to work. The challenge will be to retain the "good" mood today at work and later at home.

Oh well, I have always enjoyed a good challenge.....

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger No_the_game said...

Dear Greg,

I read all your postings the first day you visited our blog. Honestly, I have thought how I can write to you and respond to you. I generally listen people problems , feelings but do not internalize it. But for some reason when I read your postings I internalized it. It is so odd today I was sitting at work and thinking how I used to feel when I was in your situation.

The other day I was driving to home from work, while I was sitting in traffic I was thinking about you.

I know sounds like I have nothing solid to offer right now or advice to give I will share how I got over the feelings you are having now.

1. I found out that when I do not set my expectations high I do not get disappointed.

2. I accepted that and I truly believe life is not about pursuing something or being upset on something. If I can not change anything about a person or situation I prefer leave it alone.

3. I truely accepted Buddha's teaching. Pick some Buddhist books it might help. It gave me internal peace that nothing could ever give to me.

4. Learn how to enjoy being alone but do not alienate yourself.

I hope it helps.

With Luv,
Tired of dating games
No_the_game

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments. I started this blog as a way to journal my thoughts, and I have found that it's become a bit of an obsession as it helps to get the pain and darkness out. I find it absolutely fascinating that you internalized my problems. Sorry 'bout that! :)

I haven't felt this kind of pain and helplessness since my twenties. Since I'm now in my mid-forties (sigh...), I'm wondering if I'm taking a triple hit with marital breakup, rejection in an affair in which I fell in love, and the dreaded mid-life crisis.

Yuk! What a mess.

Thanks for dropping by!

Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home