Wednesday, January 17, 2007

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

Wow! Weird things are happening to me lately. I had my two work laptop computers stolen out of my car trunk yesterday morning. I had yet another appointment with the retinal surgeon yesterday morning, and I foolishly parked my car (containing the laptops) in an underground parkade. When I was done with the appointment I got into my car, drove to work, opened my trunk and discovered it was empty. I still don't know how the thieves got into the car. Four thousand dollars worth of laptop computers and priceless data gone. An expensive lesson.... Fortunately, I work for an understanding manager who is more concerned that I didn't surprise the person(s) breaking into my car. So now I sit at work, doing even less than I did before (hmmm, is that possible?), waiting for a new computer. The positive (if you can call it that) thing out of that is that my wife ranted at me after I told her what had happened. No support, just anger and rant. I was starting to feel to comfortable at home again, so this has indirectly given me a bit of a kick in the backside to get moving again.

Oddly enough, my mood has remained positive and upbeat. I'm determined to get through this phase of my life in one piece, and nothing is going to stop me.

I've been furiously working on stripping wallpaper in the laundry room of my house. I've discovered the usual disaster underneath the wallpaper - bare drywall and plaster. Lots of work to fix that up, but I don't mind too much as it keeps me busy while the lawyers do whatever they're supposed to do. We've had several impressive wind and snow storms pass through the region, so it's kinda nice to be working away in the basement as the weather rages away outside.

I finally went out and purchased one of my favorite books (I've been loaning it from the library 'till now) which I have mentioned in previous posts - "How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day". What a great book. I'm really enjoying the challenge of trying to think like Leonardo. That fellow was truly amazing...

Just in case I get bored (!), I've decided to build a neat "Mood Lamp" someone has created. I like this "kitschy" sort of thing, plus this little project gives me an outlet for my creative urges. I've ordered parts for this lamp from all over the world, and I'm having fun corresponding with others building the same thing. Hopefully, it won't be too long before I can proudly display pictures of my creation on my blog. Fun stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home